1. Mandatory components of a manuscript
1) Formats and contents of the manuscripts are checked by corresponding author.
2) All manuscripts should be written in English. Manuscripts may be no longer than 6,000 English words for original articles, 3,000 English words for case reports.
3) Manuscripts should be prepared in the following orders.
a) Original article: external title page, internal title page, abstract, key words, introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, conclusion, references, table and figure legends.
b) Case report: external title page, internal title page, abstract, key words, introduction, case report, discussion, conclusion, references, table, and figure legends.
4) Proofreading in English is done prior to subscription of manuscript.
2. External title page
1) The external title page should be a separate file, and must contain names and affiliations of all authors and contact information of the corresponding author.
3. Internal title page
1) Only the English title of the manuscript is listed. Any information on the names and affiliations of the authors is not shown on the internal title page.
1) Abstract should have no longer than 250 words for original articles and 200 words for case reports.
2) Abstract includes Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion in clinical or laboratory research.
3) The selection of Key Words is based on MeSH terms.
1) Text is written in 11-point fonts with double line spacing.
2) Figures and tables are cited in numerical order in the order they are mentioned in the text.
1) References should be numbered consecutively in Arabic numeric order in which they are first mentioned in the text.
2) All references cited in the text must be both listed and cited by the reference number (footnotes are not accepted).
3) When more than 2 references are cited at a given place in the manuscript, use hyphens to join the first and last numbers of a closed series; use commas without space to separate other parts of a multiple citation (e.g., As reported previously,1,3-8,19...The derived data were as follows3,4,12:)
4) If there are more than 3 authors in end-reference list, name only the first 3 authors and then use et al.
5) Use superscript numerals outside periods and commas, inside colons and semicolons.
7. Tables, Figures and Illustrations
1) Tables and figures are prepared in separate files.
2) Figures are submitted individually not incorporated into one file.
3) Figures and illustrations are saved in JPG or TIF file format and have a resolution of 300 DPI or more.
8. Conflict of Interest
1) All authors signed on the Copyright Release and Author Agreement form and the form is submitted with the manuscript.
2) All authors signed on the Conflict of Interest, Disclosure form to verify that the purpose of the research is not related to personal interests and the form is submitted with the manuscript.
9. Ethical approval of studies and informed consent
1) For all manuscripts reporting data from studies involving human participants or animals, formal review and approval, or formal review and waiver, by an appropriate institutional review board or ethics committee is required and should be described in the Materials and Methods section.